Strong Drive Timber Screws
The Strong-Drive® SDWS Timber screw is designed to provide an easy-to-install, high-strength alternative to through-bolting and traditional lag screws. The Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screw provides a structural wood-to-wood connection, including for ledgers. As a Type 316 stainless steel fasteners, the Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screw offers maximum corrosion protection.
- Bold thread design provides superior holding power
- Patented 4CUT™ tip ensures fast starts, reduces installation torque and eliminates the need for pre-drilling in most applications
- Knurled shank section above the threads makes driving easier
- Under-head nibs offer greater installer control when seating the head
- Large head provides maximum bearing area
- Double-barrier coating provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization, making it suitable for many exterior and preservative-treated wood applications
- Available in lengths up to 10″ for maximum versatility
- Bit included in package
- Additional Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screw features:
- Deep, 6-lobe drive reduces cam-out, making driving easier
- Low-profile head design provides a clean look and less interference after installation
Additional Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex screw features:
- Large hex-washer head provides excellent bearing area for a secure connection
- Hex drive reduces cam-outs for easier driving
Material: Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screw—heat-treated carbon steel, Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screw—Type 316 stainless steel
Finish: Double-barrier coating
- See General Notes.
- Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screws install best with a lowspeed 1/2″ drill and a T-40 6-lobe bit. The matched bit included with the screws is recommended for best results.
- Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screws install best with a low-speed 1/2″ drill and a 5/16″ hex driver bit. The matched bit included with the screws is recommended for best results.
- Pre-drilling is typically not required. Where pre-drilling is necessary, use a 5/32″ drill bit for Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screws and 0.188″ Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screws. Use a 7/32″ drill bit for 0.276″ Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screws.
- Screw heads that are countersunk flush to the wood surface are acceptable if the screw has not spun out